For my birthday 35th birthday, and to anyone following my breast cancer journey, I want to pass along this gift to you: Body Love. I want you to take the time to talk to your body and thank it.
Every. Single. Morning.
One day you could wake up wishing you would have appreciated a part of it that might not be there anymore.
Thanks again to Cancer; I have been taught body love, self-love, and deep spiritual connection, that I have taken for granted all of these years.
EveryBODY Needs to be Thanked.
First, I want to take the time to thank my body, for allowing me to carry two pregnancies. If I would have had Breast Cancer just three years later I would have never received this precious gift. My body and I have gone through so many changes;
- We had two beautiful children
- We have trained hard for events such as tough obstacles that left us sore and strong-her.
- We have gained more weight – more than we would have liked;)
- We were not always happy about the way we looked, but we got through it.
- We lost our breasts during a Bilateral Mastectomy.
- We lost our hair and our eyebrows.
- We have experienced five months of chemotherapy and fought together as if we were in an actual war.
…but we are and will always be strong-her together with body love.
I am proud of us for that.
Body Love Wisdom
As we grow older, I often now stop and wonder, “How we will age together?” Together, I believe we will gain a newfound wisdom, love, and beauty – I mean, look at what we have already been through!
A Pink Promise to Myself
This year as I blow out my candles, I wish for all of us to have these three things:
- Mind: Always listen to your body.
- Body: Love yourself.
- Soul: Trust the miracles our bodies do for us every single day
Let us inspire each other to tune into one’s self. Breast Cancer has taught me self-care, self-love and incredible things have happened because of that. My question to you is…
How have you connected to your mind, body, and soul lately?
Photograph – Body Love by: Andrea Friedman